help please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grkstudent22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey. I am so worried about this whole application process. I want to register for the DATs but it requests that you list all the schools you want the scores to go to. I dont know where I should apply! My GPA is around a 3.67 and my science GPA is around a 3.85. I am going to be working/shadowing this summer at my dentists office. I am also doing research with one of my biology professors, and I have a good amount of activities to list. I am just worried that my GPA is not going to be high enough. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey. I am so worried about this whole application process. I want to register for the DATs but it requests that you list all the schools you want the scores to go to. I dont know where I should apply! My GPA is around a 3.67 and my science GPA is around a 3.85. I am going to be working/shadowing this summer at my dentists office. I am also doing research with one of my biology professors, and I have a good amount of activities to list. I am just worried that my GPA is not going to be high enough. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

ur GPA is fine (obviously), just relax. Get as much shadowing as you can this summer you will be fine.

Your GPA is more on the stellar side... don't worry about it (especially your science). Just focus on research and volunteering for your dentist. As for the DATs, you only have to put down the first 5 schools, you can add schools later. So, if there are 5 places you really consider going to based on location, instate status, or system, apply to those. I don't think it will be too hard to think of 5 schools. :)

Members don't see this ad :)

are u joking ?? your science gpa is too low !! check the dental schools gpa statistic. i dont think you can get into any schools. u better make it 4.0 + to get in a dental school.

How come it seems that the ppl who have absolutely nothing to worry about are the ones that stress out the most? :laugh: But then again if I wasn't so laid back and worried more maybe I would already have already gotten in somewhere, oh well.
Don't worry your stats are excellent you shouldn't have any problem