Help Please!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hl11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been working on the AAMSAS application online for this cycle and almost come to a closing point. However, I really need your advice before I decide what schools I should apply for.

I think I'm considered a non-traditional applicant b/c I'm a psychology major. I took general biol, general chem, and organic chem in college and have just gotten my degree in B.A. I also took some writing classes but none of them are termed English as they appear on my transcript. However, a lot of the dental schools require applicants to take English Composition and Biochem prior to their applications (I looked them up online)...so I'm not sure if I still meet their prerequisites for admission. Consider the fact that being a psycology major, I wrote tons of papers for all my major, but I don't think the admission people look at it this way. I don't worry about the biochem credit since I can always complete it prior to admission, but I am not sure if I still need to make up the credits for English Comp. Any advice? Or should I just call the schools and ask them?

P.S,
I am taking the DAT this coming July so no score known yet.
Overall GPA: 3.54 and sicence: 3.2

Thanks a ton...

Members don't see this ad.

When in doubt ask the schools. If it turns out that you do need to take English comp courses then put in under planned course work and concentrate on the DAT.

being a psychology major doesn't make you a non-traditional applicant. you're non-trad if for instance you're a mature student who decided to go back to school after having had a change of heart with respect to your career path.

for your question, i would call the schools themselves and ask. good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
being a psychology major doesn't make you a non-traditional applicant. you're non-trad if for instance you're a mature student who decided to go back to school after having had a change of heart with respect to your career path.

for your question, i would call the schools themselves and ask. good luck.

True. Also, if you are the first college grad in your family, EVER, I think that counts too, right?

thanks everyone, it's good to know that i am just a regular traditional applicant. Yes, I'm the first college grad in my family.