Help Please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

topdent1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am retaking the DAT on July 7th. On my AADSAS application, I checked the box that says I will be taking a new DAT and then submitted it. I will select where my scores should be sent after I take the DAT. My question is the following: If I do worse on my second DAT and don't want to send my scores, how will schools know that the scores will not be coming. I have checked the box that says new scores will be arriving. Will the adcomms just sit there waiting for my new scores to come (even though they are not)? Do I have to call each school and let them know that no new scores are coming?

Members don't see this ad.

if you retake the dat your new scores will cancel out your old ones for better or worse. also since you told the adcoms that you will be sending new scores they probably wont look too much at your app until they get them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am retaking the DAT on July 7th. On my AADSAS application, I checked the box that says I will be taking a new DAT and then submitted it. I will select where my scores should be sent after I take the DAT. My question is the following: If I do worse on my second DAT and don't want to send my scores, how will schools know that the scores will not be coming. I have checked the box that says new scores will be arriving. Will the adcomms just sit there waiting for my new scores to come (even though they are not)? Do I have to call each school and let them know that no new scores are coming?

They won't know if you don't send it.

However, let's say you opt for another retake and decide to send the scores next time around, your old scores will also be on there as well.

What you might be able to do is take the DAT and if you like it better then send it. If you don't check the boxes to the schools when you register, they won't get them. I'm not sure if this would work or not. I would just study your a** off and improve everything to at least an 18, and an AA of 20.