help please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JumpingLumberjacksofMaine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Horrible story, but all my fault. I've been studying for step 2 ck for like ages (I decided to take a year off to work on some research projects). Anywho, my perfectionist instincts are killing me, making it take wayyyyy to long to get through anything. I'm just really worried about shooting myself and screwing up/discrediting my step 1 score (248/99, good but not outstanding I know, but certainly at the upper level of my ability). Anyways I really want to get step 2 ck out of my life so I can actually start enjoying life again . . . what is the earliest you can take step 2 ck without residencies you're applying to knowing about the score??? I really want to get this out of the way, and I'm getting very depressed about not being able to move on with my life/feeling I should spend all my spare time studying, but on the other hand I don't want to screw myself either. Thanks for any input/advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I am pretty sure that you do not have to release your step 2 score to residencies if you take it early. It is my understanding that when you fill out ERAS you do not select the "automatically release USMLE transcript and therefore you can release step 2 at whatever time you would have if you took it later.

When is a 248/99 not outstanding? Unless the programs require it, you should definitely hold on to those scores.