• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Help...? Problem with NYU application ;(

dicentra73

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2005
NY
  1. Pre-Medical
    I realize that I am very late in applying. I am a non-traditional 32 yr old with a PhD. I was an August 05 MCATer and it took awhile to get recommendations once I decided to apply but they should all be at my designated schools now. I've tried everyday the last week to submit NYU's application. After I've completed the application, I press submit and I get this message:

"Sorry! You have encountered a 'Software Anomaly', otherwise known as a Bug. This fact has already been emailed to the support team; it will be fixed as soon as possible.
    Thank you for your patience. "

I've talked to admissions, they say to try another computer; they don't know of any problems. I've tired to submit on 3 different PC's. I also emailed the webmaster but have not received any replies :scared:

Anyone have any suggestions? hints? I saved my completed NYU application as a pdf...could I send this with a check and hope they accept it?

unfrozencaveman

not a dude
    10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Apr 24, 2005
    Miami, FL
      I would call admissions and ask them to level with you. If there is no way to submit it through the online thing, ask them what is up, and how you can get around it. As a sort of aside, NYU (according to someone's posts) is almost done with their interviewing season, which apparently ends at the end of this month. So, basically call admissions ask for some honest answers on how/if to proceed.

About the Ads

dicentra73

10+ Year Member
      Sep 5, 2005
      NY
      1. Pre-Medical
        Well, I finally recieved an email from the NYU webmaster. Unfortunately the reply took almost a week and I recieved the info I needed on the day the application was due (Nov 15th). Basically the online application form did not recognize any dashses (-)

Oh well, I was not able to complete it since I was away at conference. But I do have 12 more to go, along with the 17 already completed.

Thanks for your replies!!

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
        Moderator Emeritus
        15+ Year Member
        Oct 12, 2004
        Florida/Fellowship
        1. Fellow [Any Field]
        2. Attending Physician
          I had a similar problem with UAB's secondary, but I called the office and they had someone talk me through it. I started filling out the secondary questions one at a time and then saving after each one. Everything was fine for name, address, etc. Then one question asked for my SAT score, and I had put a ~ sign in front to say that it was "approximately" because I couldn't remember the exact score. This was the problem. I ended up being able to submit after I looked up my score and removed the ~ sign. Don't know if anyone is planning to apply to UAB, but if you are, don't use a ~ sign. :oops:

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.