Help...? Problem with NYU application ;(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dicentra73

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize that I am very late in applying. I am a non-traditional 32 yr old with a PhD. I was an August 05 MCATer and it took awhile to get recommendations once I decided to apply but they should all be at my designated schools now. I've tried everyday the last week to submit NYU's application. After I've completed the application, I press submit and I get this message:

"Sorry! You have encountered a 'Software Anomaly', otherwise known as a Bug. This fact has already been emailed to the support team; it will be fixed as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience. "

I've talked to admissions, they say to try another computer; they don't know of any problems. I've tired to submit on 3 different PC's. I also emailed the webmaster but have not received any replies :scared:

Anyone have any suggestions? hints? I saved my completed NYU application as a pdf...could I send this with a check and hope they accept it?

Members don't see this ad.

before sending in a pdf, i'd call admissions first to make sure they will accept it (otherwise, how can you be sure?).

if course, this could be their crafty way of limiting non-trad apps--those suckers do seem to be young overall . . .

I would call admissions and ask them to level with you. If there is no way to submit it through the online thing, ask them what is up, and how you can get around it. As a sort of aside, NYU (according to someone's posts) is almost done with their interviewing season, which apparently ends at the end of this month. So, basically call admissions ask for some honest answers on how/if to proceed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I finally recieved an email from the NYU webmaster. Unfortunately the reply took almost a week and I recieved the info I needed on the day the application was due (Nov 15th). Basically the online application form did not recognize any dashses (-)

Oh well, I was not able to complete it since I was away at conference. But I do have 12 more to go, along with the 17 already completed.

Thanks for your replies!!

that sucks. what a cheesy programming flaw. good luck with the rest!

I had a similar problem with UAB's secondary, but I called the office and they had someone talk me through it. I started filling out the secondary questions one at a time and then saving after each one. Everything was fine for name, address, etc. Then one question asked for my SAT score, and I had put a ~ sign in front to say that it was "approximately" because I couldn't remember the exact score. This was the problem. I ended up being able to submit after I looked up my score and removed the ~ sign. Don't know if anyone is planning to apply to UAB, but if you are, don't use a ~ sign. :oops: