Help!! Question about household size

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsgo2023

Reaction score
I've turned in a bunch of secondaries where I talk about being raised/growing up in a multigenerational home, since my grandparents lived with us (parents, brother, and me) from when i was 3 to around 10. When I went back to my primary just now, I realized that I had entered 4 instead of 6 for household size, since the question was "How many people lived in your primary household during the majority of your life from birth to age eighteen" and my grandparents were with us for less than 9 years.

I don't specify in my secondaries the period of time i lived in a multigenerational home, just said that's how i spent my childhood or how i grew up. I'm wondering if this might be seen as inconsistent or misrepresenting myself by adcoms? is it something worth clarifying with schools via email, or a waste of time? just worried it might raise flags so any thoughts would be appreciated!! thank you so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

I would not stress about it or take any further action. I doubt most would even notice.

Reactions: 1 users
When I went back to my primary just now, I realized that I had entered 4 instead of 6 for household size, since the question was "How many people lived in your primary household during the majority of your life from birth to age eighteen" and my grandparents were with us for less than 9 years.
I don't think this will be an issue.

From your response here, did this mean you answered 4 because your grandparents did not live with you "for the majority of your childhood "? You aren't trying to embellish anything, so on good faith, I don't think it will be a problem. Mention it later when you think it is appropriate.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think this will be an issue.

From your response here, did this mean you answered 4 because your grandparents did not live with you "for the majority of your childhood "? You aren't trying to embellish anything, so on good faith, I don't think it will be a problem. Mention it later when you think it is appropriate.
Right, I answered 4 because my grandparents weren't with us for the majority of my childhood. When you say mention it later when you think it is appropriate, do you mean in interviews? thanks for your reply!

Reactions: 1 user