Help Read Read!!!

pienfoo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone im taking the OATs within 24 hrs o_o ahh please reply!

for the computerized reading section, are the paragraphs numbered like how it is in the achiever program?

Also, did anyone run into uncommon conversion problems (say, gram to lb)?

can't wait to be done, argh, but hopefully w/ a decent score.

Members don't see this ad.

hey, NO! they are not numbered! be careful okay! The questions get tricky..well i thought they were. :mad: Good luck on the test. I didn't have any conversion problems luckily they were mostly number problems and less word problems. The math on achiever is pretty similar to the actual test. Good luck!!!

Hey Pienfoo,

How did the OAT go?? Hope it went well! Good luck to everyone (including myself!!) who is taking the OAT soon...

hey, im actually taking it in 20 hrs. i meant within 48 in the last post. haha can't add i guess im gonna fail the quantative reasoning section. right now im looking over the achiever questions and the scores i got from them are pretty depressing, but hopefully the science part in the real oats would be surprisingly easier. good luck to you all!!! :idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

Are you applying for 2007 or 2008 admission?

Good luck tomorrow!! I'm sure you will do great!

hey reni im applying for 07', granted that i do well on the OATs in... 14 hrs! im gonna overnight my apps i know it is kinda late but oh well even if i apply again i'd be a re-applicant. im so nervous i can't sleep haha :sleep:

Hi Pienfoo,

Good luck on the OAT - have confidence in yourself!! It would be great if you could post your experience - and how similar you felt the OAT was to the practice tests (Kaplan/Achiever/etc...).

You will show the OAT who's boss tomorrow!

Good luck! And you will do fine in QR. The real OAT QR isn't that bad!

yo everyone im done!! ... maybe i'll have to retake cuz of physics er.

i got:
bio: 310 vs. achiever average. 300
chem: 360 vs. 300
ochem: 380 vs 310
physics: 270 (screwed): vs 280
read comp: 310 i thought i did better.. vs. 340
quan: 360 vs 330
TT 330 vs 300ish
AA 340 vs 300ish

HAHA i've always wanted to post one of these things.

so the actual test is easier and more straight forward (makes u feel confident unless u run into a bunch of hard questions in the beginning), but not too much easier. i just didn't study physics enough which sadly for me is mostly calculations on the real thing. Kaplan's physics section i felt are more representative of the real OATs. There were many questions from achiever and kaplan practice questions that showed up on the test, so do lots of those! oh also, for the quantative reasoning section, buy this book by arco called gre/gmat math review. that.is.going.to.help.u.lots.!

anyway does anyone know if that physics score can still get me anywhere other than puerto rico (or even..)

okay good luck to everyone else!

Hi Pienfoo,

Congrats on being done with the exam!! Your scores look great despite Physics, but I think you will definitely get into your school of choice!

For anyone that has recently taken the exam (or can remember...!)

(1) About Physics - what kind of problems were they - mostly Kinematics, Newtonian Mechanics, Optics, Forces on an Inclined Plane, like that? What did you feel you could have done to better prepare for this section?

(2) Achiever and Kaplan questions that you saw on the OAT - were they from the subject tests or from the Kaplan Practice Midterm, Final, and OAT Practice Tests or both?

(3) What kind of RC questions did you get - inference type or ones that had solutions that said "both true", "both false" etc...Also, what kind of passages did you get?

(4) Did the Kaplan QR Subject Tests help you or do you think the ARCO book was better?

(5) What kind of Orgo questions were on there? Similar to the Kaplan practice tests?

Thank you SO much for your help - I really appreciate it! Congrats again on being DONE!