Help..Road block even before i start ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamesJinLee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello first time poster here and already i have a problem hear me out please
im 25 years old....been in the army for 3 years and getting how Dec 06,2008

5-6 years ago i attended #1Community College bombed it and said maybe i should go to techincal school so i attended techincal school and Bombed it again. so i decided to go enlist in the army(2004). i said forget school i aint doing it. but while in the army i decided i needed a education.

My parents moved home so i cant attend #1Community college so i am starting new at #2community college.

SO my question is will the #1CC and Techincal school haunt me ?

God im so worried. My dream already being blocked...

What steps do i need to do to correct my past ?

Do i just forget about it ?

Please help

sincerely
james

Members don't see this ad.

i am pretty sure the #1cc and techincal school grades will be calculated into your gpas on.

i dont know if you can correct those grades. you can retake those classes, but i am pretty sure both the new and old grade will show up on AADSAS.

i think if you start working hard now and get As you will still have a good shot.

i hear if u have a nice upward trend and really explain ur self if u get an interview, u might be able to get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello first time poster here and already i have a problem hear me out please
im 25 years old....been in the army for 3 years and getting how Dec 06,2008

5-6 years ago i attended #1Community College bombed it and said maybe i should go to techincal school so i attended techincal school and Bombed it again. so i decided to go enlist in the army(2004). i said forget school i aint doing it. but while in the army i decided i needed a education.

My parents moved home so i cant attend #1Community college so i am starting new at #2community college.

SO my question is will the #1CC and Techincal school haunt me ?

God im so worried. My dream already being blocked...

What steps do i need to do to correct my past ?

Do i just forget about it ?

Please help

sincerely
james

Let me be upfront....Dental School is difficult itself. Extremely difficult not only to get in, but to get through.

Everyone who has been through this (the application process) knows that it is a daunting task that seems impossible at the beginning. It takes a tremendous amount of persistance and will power to get through it. Many give up, and many never even make it into dental school after all their hard work. Kids who are getting into dental school these days are the cream of the crop students - the competition is fierce, and cut-throat. At least at my undergrad university it was.

The take home message here is that if you are having difficulty in Community College, you will NOT make it to dental school, let alone through dental school.

In order to achieve your goal, you have to look past your bad experience - and commit yourself to becoming a stellar student. Think about it.....you will be competing with the top students in the country. I don't mean to discourage you, I just want to let you know how it is.

I guarantee if you give it your 100%, you will be in Dental school very soon.
I didn't say 99%, I said 100%. So good luck to you, you have a lot to work on.
Read other threads to get an idea of what you need to do. First start repeating courses, ALL A's and A+'s. Then kill the DAT and do some shadowing and finally your in assuming you did what I said.

GOOD LUCK