HELP! Seeking interview help and advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Player One

Play it for the jury
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for all the replies to my previous post. Now, I have a new question. As usual, I appreciate questions from anyone, but I'm really hoping for input from those of you who work as pharmacy technicians or assistants in a hospital who are currently uncertified and have little to no experience.

I've worked in retail pharmacy for less than a year (my first and only pharmacy related job) and I haven't taken the PTCE yet. I'm wondering what I should do and say and how I should act because I've honestly never had a serious interview before. The more serious jobs I've had were ones where I was hired on the spot.

So, if you have any advice and feedback about interviewing to get a job in hospital pharmacies, please share!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Like most professional interviews, it would be best to be informed about the company or hospital you're interviewing for. Most employers want to hire candidates who have a clear understanding of the duties the job will entail as well as clear motive for why they want to join. The last thing you want to be perceived as is uninformed or give ambiguous answers.

To help with social interactions during the interview itself, it would be best to hold mock interviews. Many career centers have this available for free for students and they can give you a lot of advice and point out faults you may have during an interview. The more interviews you have, albeit mock, the better you will be during them as you will start to become more fluid and relaxed.

Hope this helps in any way and good luck!

Thanks! I really appreciate it! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you a college student? If so, then I'd check out your career services. I'm sure your institution has some form of it. Just like what Street Spirit said, they have counselors and advisers that can give you practice interviews and help you become a better job candidate.

And it may be obvious, but obey proper etiquette. Dress nice, send some form of thank you after the interview, ask questions, etc. Just be proactive and show that you really want it. Good luck!

Definitely do your research on the hospital you want to work for. It shows that you're really interested in working there and they will be impress.