Help set my mind at ease(mayb)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiverDoc

KCUMB 2012
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, basically its another chance thread. Probably something that wont go away on the SDN. Currently I have a 3.4 Cumulative with a 3.28 science. I have shadowing experience, observed surgery numerous times, can get amazing LORs. Current semester status is as follows, Organic I A, Physics high B, humanaties course A. I am also the supplimental instruction leader for anatomy and physiology. And a Science dep. scholar with basic science tutoring responsibility. Next year planning on taking Biochem, genetics, then the MCAT. Am I on the right path? I feel like i am sometimes, but i realize i have less that stellar grades. My first year is killin me... Any advice or comments are welcome

Members don't see this ad.

dIvErDoC said:
Alright, basically its another chance thread. Probably something that wont go away on the SDN. Currently I have a 3.4 Cumulative with a 3.28 science. I have shadowing experience, observed surgery numerous times, can get amazing LORs. Current semester status is as follows, Organic I A, Physics high B, humanaties course A. I am also the supplimental instruction leader for anatomy and physiology. And a Science dep. scholar with basic science tutoring responsibility. Next year planning on taking Biochem, genetics, then the MCAT. Am I on the right path? I feel like i am sometimes, but i realize i have less that stellar grades. My first year is killin me... Any advice or comments are welcome
How old are you? Your grades are just fine for DO schools, could maybe be a little higher but I think they are close to the average. Get a 25+ on the MCAT and you should get in somewhere...

djnels01 said:
How old are you? Your grades are just fine for DO schools, could maybe be a little higher but I think they are close to the average. Get a 25+ on the MCAT and you should get in somewhere...

i am 21

Members don't see this ad :)
Just work on bumping up the GPA a little bit (or keep it the same, just don't go down anymore if you can help it!) and nail the MCAT and you'll be fine.

dIvErDoC said:

with your current stats, my MCAT calculator says you should get a 28.1 to be competative

I feel like can get into some medical schools with a 24 or 25...So All i can do is work hard and hope it pays off.