HELP. Some concerns regarding the DAT registration.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drstyller

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So I took my first DAT on June 11th and will take another one 90 days later, which makes it Sep. 11th, or 12th (not exactly sure which day would be the 91th day after my first test).

I wanted to take it AS SOON AS I CAN so that my application will get reviewed AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

As you can see on the calendar, the 11the and 12th are Thursday and Friday, respectively. I was thinking IF i decide to take it on Monday (15th) I can have an extra weekend to study (which I believe will help me), but it would be 90 + 3/4 days, which is not the earliest I can take the test. However, I thought that 3-day period is weekend anyway, and it would probably take the same amount of time for my scores to be sent.

BOTTOM LINE: Do you think whether I take the test on Friday or on next Monday, it would take the same time for the scores to be sent to D. schools?

ALSO, I have seen some threads about the mistakes on sending the scores of FUTURE/PAST DAT scores..

IF you choose all the schools (along with that 5 free choices) you want your scores to be sent when you register for DAT, there would be no problem, right?? since that choice of schools only applies to that very test??

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

if you think it'll help then use the weekend..
i'm not sure how a couple of days later of DAT affects your application but if you score a few points higher, i think it'll be better..

and as for DAT score reports, when you register and pick your 5 schools you're not asking past/future test cause you're requesting the scores from the test you're registering for to be sent. i think it just saves the trouble if you're applying to more than 5 schools, request additional score reports as 'future test score' before you go take the test..