help to narrow down my school list please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badger12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted this elsewhere, but realized it wasn't the right section, so I am reposting here. If anyone has suggestions for my list-- I am looking to narrow down, but if any are missing that I should consider, I would appreciate any input!

My stats: 4.0 GPA, 31 MCAT
3 years Division I NCAA basketball, 2 clinical research summer internships, 1 year bench research, Anat and phys TA, tutoring, cadaver dissection.
Significant shadowing and volunteering.
Wisconsin residency

School list:
University of WI-Madison
Medical College of WI
U of Minnesota
Mayo
U of IL
Chicago @ Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Rush Medical
Ohio State
University of Cincinnati
University of Toledo
University of Iowa
Creighton
U of CO
USD
St. Louis University
Wake Forest
Penn State
Dartmouth
Brown
University of VT
George Washington
Georgetown

Also thinking of applying to Duke or Vanderbilt as a really far reach/dream school. Would that be a waste of my time/$$ given my stats? (I know their median MCATS are around 36 which is quite a bit higher than mine).

Are any of these too far out of my league from a stats or residency standpoint? Or are there any missing from this list that I should be considering? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you Traevon Jackson?

My suggestions:
U VM
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Tulane
Loyola
Creighton
Any new MD school, except Hofstra and Central MI, FIU, FAU and UCF
Any DO program.. Start with DMU, CCOM and MUCOM
U WI

Yes. Take your dad out to dinner for Father's Day instead of blowing wasting your app fee. Those schools don't need the donation.
Also thinking of applying to Duke or Vanderbilt as a really far reach/dream school. Would that be a waste of my time/$$ given my stats?

Reactions: 1 users