Help! Touro-NEVADA Interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FilipinoChic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm having my first med school interview at Touro-Nev in a week!! I would appreciate it SO much if anyone who interviewed at Touro could give me a heads up on what types of questions they ask and how the process went for you. I'm so nervous. THANK YOU! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! I'm having my first med school interview at Touro-Nev in a week!! I would appreciate it SO much if anyone who interviewed at Touro could give me a heads up on what types of questions they ask and how the process went for you. I'm so nervous. THANK YOU! :)

You might want to PM 'DiverDoc' or 'Concubine' (sorry if I spelled those incorrectly !!), they recently interviewed and were accepted almost right off the bat ... I'd listen to them.

I am very interested in NV ... it seems like they are really expanding, I'm interested to see where they are going to do rotations, and what a match list is gonna look like!!

I had an interview there 8/28. There is no reason to be nervous. The interview was really laid back and everyone there was really nice. They tried really hard to make everyone feel comfortable. The interview was more of a conversation.

My advice:
-Know your app
-relax
-eat a big breakfest (you don't eat until the end of the day)
-Get a nice and Comfortable suit (if your uncomfortable in what you wear it will be distracting), but make sure you look sharp
-check out the interview reviews by past years on SDN
http://share.studentdoctor.net/interview/school_pick.aspx
-practice possible questions (especially Why Dr? Why DO? Why this school? Be ready to discuss your research)
I was interviewed by the basic sciences professor so I talked a lot about my research and gave him a copy of my publication

Basically, they want to make sure you know what you are getting your self into, that you are a hard worker, and have passion to be a doctor. Hope this helps.

Good luck:luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
The most laid back interview I had. Very, very friendly people who all attempt to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Dress nice, know your app, and relax. You'll be fine.

Hi FilipinoChic,
I did interview a couple weeks ago and received an acceptance. The questions they ask are pretty straight forward. I did get an ethics question, but no one else from that day did from what I gathered. They ask questions about your AACOMAS application, so just know what you put on your application. You can expect some very common questions like "Why D.O.?", and "Why Touro-NV?", so just be honest about it. Again, they are very laid back, relaxed, and friendly interviews. So just be yourself, and be honest. I prepared by looking at past questions they've asked on the Interview section of SDN. Let me know if you have any questions!