Help! WAMC + School Suggestions 3.75/517 - NY Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Waitlistno2

Reaction score
Hi guys! Thank you to anyone who's reading this. As with everyone in this forum, being a doctor is my dream and I am neurotic. I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance, as well as school suggestions.
Here's my stats:
  • cGPA: 3.75, sGPA: 3.68
  • MCAT: 517 (130/127/130/130)
  • Long Island, NY born and raised!
  • ORM (Indian/Punjabi Sikh if that helps/hurts)
  • Graduated in 2022 in Statistics from SUNY, been working ever since.
  • 5000 volunteer clinical hours as an EMT-B over 5 years with clear progression through ranks. Started in 2019, still doing it.
  • 3000 paid hours in EMS since I graduated.
  • Only research I have is from iGEM in 2019, presented a poster of the project at the conference, but no pubs.
  • Shadowed a family friend radiologist for about 100 hours, and 36 hours in the ER.
  • Probably around 200 hours of nonclinical volunteering for things like engineers without borders and our academic misconduct tribunal.
  • Hobbies include kickboxing, horseback riding, pool, and golf. I try and stay active. Honestly out of anything I'm most proud of my weight loss journey and quitting nicotine.
I'm really worried about finally applying. Still developing the list, but I'd like to apply to 30 schools and be as close to NY as possible. My parents aren't getting younger, and I'd like to spend as much time as I can near them. I'd also like to keep doing EMS in some capacity through medical school, so if any of you are still in the game and want to plug a school with a good nearby department, please do!

Thank you all!

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
All 4 SUNYs
Albany
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Columbia
Cornell
NYU