Help! What do you know about these programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hbrohi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to these interviews and I am not sure they are good or not. If you don't know, can you refer me to where I can find this information?

Thank you!

Norwalk Hospital, CT
Greenwich Hospital, CT
St. Vincent, Boston
Caritas St. Elizabeth, Boston
Howard University, Washington DC
Lankenau Hospital, Philadelphia
Mercy Hospital, Pittsburgh

Members don't see this ad.

A good place to start is scutwork.com. It is a website where people post reviews of programs...usually done by present/past residents, sometimes by interviewees.

I am from Greenwich and my primary graduated from the Greenwich Hospital Program. the program has LOTS of perks (free housing) and you won't have to worry about getting a job afterwards but it is small so they may go over work hours a bit.

lankenau is down the street from where I go the med-school. lots of Penn grads match into their cardiology program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am from Greenwich and my primary graduated from the greenwich hospital program so you don't have to worry about finding a job. it had tons of perks (free housing) but is small so they may go over work hours.

Lankenau, takes lots of cardiology fellows from PENN.

i interviewed at mercy hosp. in pittsburgh. its a average program. no fellowships in the hospital. im not going to rank it high.
anyone have any info. on Howard Uni. Hospital??

Rotated there as a medical student. Very good program. Good instruction. Morning report and Noon Conference very educational. Great attendings all around. Great program director.

Downside is that rounding is sometimes unofficial. Would be nice if every attending had walking rounds everyday. This should really be implemented and I'm not sure why it isn't.

Great ancillary staff. Once they get to know you, you're one of them and they will do anything for you. Great social services. MDR (multidisciplinary rounds) incorporates social services, etc into rest of day's routine. MDR is 3x a week and lasts roughly 10-15 minutes.

Very happy about program.