HELP-- When you make revisions on your AMCAS, do you lose your current position?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by trying2becomeMD, Jul 31, 2001.

1. trying2becomeMD

trying2becomeMD Senior Member

Sorry, if I didn't phrase the question correctly... I mean, I submitted the application on 7/1. Now if i make a change (adding a dropped course) will I be placed with appilcation that is submitted later?

I did speak to AMCAS about one of my missing grade, and the person told me that they would take care of it. I told them that I would like to make a correction if possible, and I was told that that is fine also. But now I am worried about the way my application would be processed.

Can anyone who has resubmit their application tell me if the "date submitted" changes to latter date?

Thank you!!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Spang

Spang SDN Angel

I did. I changed a piece of biographical info and re-certified and re-submitted, just like the first time but no billing page. It says "thank you, have a nice day" or whatever.

I checked my printout and the info had changed but my date submitted (7/15) stayed the same.

You asked........

Spang

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member

On another thread, someone said they'd talked to someone at AMCAS who said that you don't lose your place in line if you make changes. When asked if he was sure, he said "I think so," so the poster couldn't guarantee the information.

5. applicant2002

applicant2002 Senior Member

i called AMCAS today, and they said that you will not lose your position. Your application will get processed 4-6wks from the original date of submission
    :D

6. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Resident [Any Field]
    I agree with applicant2002 As I just wrote on a number of other topics your submit date doesn't get affected by any changes or additions. AMCAS has the original submit date as well as any dates you made changes on, but I was told today they will start sending things to your schools 4-6weeks from the original date. that is as long as the transcripts all match with what you have typed.

7. trying2becomeMD

Thank you so much for all your replys. Hope I can become as helpful to someone as you all have been to me!

:)

8. moo

moo 1K Member

Funny, I first submitted on June 24. I then tried to fix something and resubmitted July 3. My printout has the official submit date as July 3. Looks like I lost about a week there. Oh well... (Any subsequent changes and resubmittals were done without a hitch)

9. trying2becomeMD

Moo, Like Sprang said, my submission date is still the same. I hope that it WILL stay the same, because the submission dates are 1 month apart and I would really be sad if things were postponed due to my stupid mistake. Take care. ;)