HELP-- When you make revisions on your AMCAS, do you lose your current position?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trying2becomeMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry, if I didn't phrase the question correctly... I mean, I submitted the application on 7/1. Now if i make a change (adding a dropped course) will I be placed with appilcation that is submitted later?

I did speak to AMCAS about one of my missing grade, and the person told me that they would take care of it. I told them that I would like to make a correction if possible, and I was told that that is fine also. But now I am worried about the way my application would be processed.

Can anyone who has resubmit their application tell me if the "date submitted" changes to latter date?

Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I did. I changed a piece of biographical info and re-certified and re-submitted, just like the first time but no billing page. It says "thank you, have a nice day" or whatever.

I checked my printout and the info had changed but my date submitted (7/15) stayed the same.

You asked........

Spang

On another thread, someone said they'd talked to someone at AMCAS who said that you don't lose your place in line if you make changes. When asked if he was sure, he said "I think so," so the poster couldn't guarantee the information.

Members don't see this ad :)
i called AMCAS today, and they said that you will not lose your position. Your application will get processed 4-6wks from the original date of submission
:D

I agree with applicant2002 As I just wrote on a number of other topics your submit date doesn't get affected by any changes or additions. AMCAS has the original submit date as well as any dates you made changes on, but I was told today they will start sending things to your schools 4-6weeks from the original date. that is as long as the transcripts all match with what you have typed.

Thank you so much for all your replys. Hope I can become as helpful to someone as you all have been to me!

:)

Funny, I first submitted on June 24. I then tried to fix something and resubmitted July 3. My printout has the official submit date as July 3. Looks like I lost about a week there. Oh well... (Any subsequent changes and resubmittals were done without a hitch)

Moo, Like Sprang said, my submission date is still the same. I hope that it WILL stay the same, because the submission dates are 1 month apart and I would really be sad if things were postponed due to my stupid mistake. Take care. ;)