Help! Which Masters Program???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tooth2222

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to dental school this summer, and am going to do a masters program for the year off. Does anyone know the best masters programs to go to, as in the programs that have connections with dental schools or are highly reputable to dental admission committees? So far, I am trying to decide betweenn UMDNJ and Barry's (in Florida) master's of biomedical science programs. Do you know which one is better to go to to increase the chance of acceptance to dental schools? Location doesn't matter to me... Please help!!! Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

The program in which you do best is the "better" one. If you've been accepted to UMDNJ, I know the Newark campus allows you to take Dental Anatomy and Physiology with the dental students. These classes fill up quick, but if it's an option for you, I'd go that route. There's more info on both programs on the post-bac forums. GL

soo when do you plan to apply to these programs?

because june 1 was deadline for the last one.
only NYU oral biology masters doesn't have a deadline.

gl

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to Barry, and still waiting to hear back from UMDNJ. I called them and they said they were going to review apps next week, and that I would know in two weeks. The problem is that Barry needs a $500 deposit next week! I plan on sending in the deposit in case I don't get into UMDNJ anyways. I am unfamiliar with NYU oral biology program, but I will check that out. Thanks!

thanks for your reply. Yeah I did notice that you can take a couple dental classes with the dental students, so this was kind of why I was leaning towards UMDNJ. But when I got a call from Barry, they told me that they had the #2 biomedical masters program, as far as the matriculation rate of the students into dental school...

I was accepted to Barry, and still waiting to hear back from UMDNJ. I called them and they said they were going to review apps next week, and that I would know in two weeks. The problem is that Barry needs a $500 deposit next week! I plan on sending in the deposit in case I don't get into UMDNJ anyways. I am unfamiliar with NYU oral biology program, but I will check that out. Thanks!

grats on the acceptance to barry.

i called umdnj today also and the lady told me they will review applications next week. i called because i have to send them my updated transcripts from the summer but knowing my school it wouldn't reach in time. so they said they will take the unofficial transcripts as long as i follow up with official
:)

thanks gkhan :) man I hope they do review these apps next week and let us know asap! I will be calling them every day next week probably haha

thanks gkhan :) man I hope they do review these apps next week and let us know asap! I will be calling them every day next week probably haha

yeah i'm waiting on them, because if i get accepted there i'm going to go there, and then i can put it in my aadas application.

1-2 week isn't anything. i'm just going to keep praying.

For UMDNJ, I think the dental classes are full for this fall. You might want to call and be sure before putting down a deposit.

Barry is good. I went there. Would opt to goto Nova but they have already chosen their students.