Help with a Question....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hellokitty89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If we have been accepted to more than one school, but haven't decided which one to accept, are we allowed to pay the schools our seat payment and then retract our seats, as long as its before April 15? I know I will lose my payments, but will we get in trouble for doing that? Can the schools find out?

Members don't see this ad.

If we have been accepted to more than one school, but haven't decided which one to accept, are we allowed to pay the schools our seat payment and then retract our seats, as long as its before April 15? I know I will lose my payments, but will we get in trouble for doing that? Can the schools find out?

Why can't you just wait until April and put down a deposit on the ONE school you choose? There's no reason to pay before that, let alone for two schools.

Just pick by April 15 and pay the one you pick by April 15. Take all the time you need up until that point. They won't rescind their offer or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why can't you just wait until April and put down a deposit on the ONE school you choose? There's no reason to pay before that, let alone for two schools.
I was just reading through some of the threads on here about over-accepting students and I got nervous I guess... This is my first cycle, so it's all new to me... Im Sorry :/

I paid the deposit at Western and accepted my invite to UF so that even after the April 15th deadline I had time to make up my mind. I hate feeling pressured about big decisions.

I paid the deposit at Western and accepted my invite to UF so that even after the April 15th deadline I had time to make up my mind. I hate feeling pressured about big decisions.
Thanks Bearby.. I feel the exact same way... You can't get in trouble for doing so, correct?

Thanks Bearby.. I feel the exact same way... You can't get in trouble for doing so, correct?

Nope. Just make sure that when you do make your final decision you let the school that you're not going to attend know so that someone can get off the waitlist