Help with application!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted323428

I have a question, so I have completed all of the pre reqs for most dental schools including biochemistry. After this spring semester I will have 85 credit hours, and I am taking 6 credit hours over the summer, my question is can I submit my application to dental schools with 85 credit hours before I complete my two summer classes and just send them the grades I get in those classes when I complete them?! Please help!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
agree with supertank. you just have to graduate before you matriculate.

Ok one last question then, should I just wait till I get those 6 credits, the classes will be over july 2nd, and then send out my application with my updated transcript, or should I send out what I have on June 3rd?

Ok one last question then, should I just wait till I get those 6 credits, the classes will be over july 2nd, and then send out my application with my updated transcript, or should I send out what I have on June 3rd?

If I was in your shoes, I would send in the transcript as is. AADSAS won't mail your application to schools until after they verify your grades, which takes 4-6 weeks after they receive them. So if you don't send grades until early July, AADSAS won't mail your application until mid-August. By that point, schools have already received a ton of applications, and yours might take a while before they see it. I think it's probably better to send it in earlier than later.

Thank you tank, I am just really worried because of the dental school sites say 90 credit hours is the minimum for acceptance and I thought if I applied with 85 they would just throw out my app.

Thank you tank, I am just really worried because of the dental school sites say 90 credit hours is the minimum for acceptance and I thought if I applied with 85 they would just throw out my app.

No, there's no need to worry at all. They won't care that you're 5 credits shy. I wouldn't be surprised if a large number of applicants haven't surpassed 90 credits by the time they apply.

Does everyone else agree with tank, just trying to get a general consensus, you can never be too sure HA

Supertank's advice seems pretty solid to me. You'd definitely want to send the transcripts as soon as possible. Otherwise, you could end up waiting for your application to be mailed out while other people are getting interview invitations.

Thanks guys, I live right next to midwestern so I will be applying to Midwestern as well, what are the pre reqs for midwestern I cant find them on their site anywhere?

Thanks guys, I live right next to midwestern so I will be applying to Midwestern as well, what are the pre reqs for midwestern I cant find them on their site anywhere?

Midwestern's prereqs are:

8 semester hours of Biology, Gen Chem, and Physics

4 hours of Organic Chem, Anatomy, Microbiology, Physiology

3 hours of Biochem

6 hours English Composition

I didn't read all the posts above me and maybe it has been said already but some schools do require you to have at least 90 (I'm talking about UMDNJ here). What I would do, I would submit the application as is, in case your applications gets processed sooner than July 2nd, I would just call up the schools and tell them to hold up the review process untill everything is solid. Don't be afraid to use this option. Talking from my own experience I put my application on hold at Columbia University untill the end of November and still got in, I tald them to review my application when everyhting was solid( I retook the DAT), got an interview and 2 weeks later had an acceptance.
Good luck with the process, it will be a fun ride:)!!!

P.S. I can't believe the new cycle is about to start, where did the time fly:rolleyes:???