Help with background check/drug screening.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jibby321

Ready or Not......
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the background check/ drug screening works. I got the email from certiphi or something like that. If I pay the fee and have the background check done will other schools have access to that? And does it have me schedule the drug screening some where?

Members don't see this ad.

I've only done the background check, but the email is self explanatory. You just put the code in, and it'll prompt you to create a profile. You pay the $15, and it'll take a week or two. When the results are in, you can review it and appeal if something is not right. Once you're done, you can release it to pharmcas. There will be a button that you can click.

Certiphi is just the background check. Drug screening must be done separately somehow.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've only done the background check, but the email is self explanatory. You just put the code in, and it'll prompt you to create a profile. You pay the $15, and it'll take a week or two. When the results are in, you can review it and appeal if something is not right. Once you're done, you can release it to pharmcas. There will be a button that you can click.

Okay yeah, but if you were accepted to school that requires the drug screen and you have it done, do the schools that don't require the screen get the results anyways? I was "conditionally accepted" to a school that requires a drug screen so I got the email from certiphi. I will not be attending that school but I keep getting emails telling me to complete the screen..does anyone know if you can opt out of it if the school you're going to doesn't require one up front? The school I will be attending told me I would receive info about doing a drug screen at a later date, so I don't want to jump the gun but certiphi won't leave me alone!

$15 when I started to do the stuff online it said the fee is $53.

Certiphi is just the background check. Drug screening must be done separately somehow.

Certiphi does Drug Screens also. They will send you an email with a link. Follow the instructions to pay for a drug screening through the link. At the end you will be given 3-4 locations near the school the screen is for. These could be convenient for you, but most likely you do not live that close to the school. At that point, you can just call the number that should be located on the page, which states to call about any questions/issues. They will give you the locations to be screened at which are nearest you. Most of these clinics do walk-in screening. When I called they offered to have my paperwork filled out and sent to the clinic for me, which I told them to do. Thus, I pretty much walked in, pissed in a cup, got a receipt, and left.

Okay yeah, but if you were accepted to school that requires the drug screen and you have it done, do the schools that don't require the screen get the results anyways? I was "conditionally accepted" to a school that requires a drug screen so I got the email from certiphi. I will not be attending that school but I keep getting emails telling me to complete the screen..does anyone know if you can opt out of it if the school you're going to doesn't require one up front? The school I will be attending told me I would receive info about doing a drug screen at a later date, so I don't want to jump the gun but certiphi won't leave me alone!

I would contact Certiphi about it. Though, it does seem that most schools use Certiphi. Thus, you may be able use 1 screen for multiple school, but you should verify that with the schools first.

Does anyone know when Certiphi will contact you to schedule the drug screening? I have already completed the background check a couple weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back about the drug screening. I ask because I will be out the country for most of the summer, and am trying to take care of all the necessary requirements for the pharmacy program before I leave.

Please let me know as soon as possible! Thanks so much guys!

I would contact certiphi. I am going to a school that didn't require a drug screening so I don't know for certain.

I contacted Certiphi and they said my school had to initate the drug screening. I just feel odd asking my school when they're gonna drug test me..it makes it seem like I have something to worry about or hide, even though I don't. Help!