Help with choosing a school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abaker08

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently have been fortunate enough to gain acceptance to both IU (Indiana Univ) and Midwestern-IL. While I know it's a good problem to have and I'm very fortunate, I am having some difficulty deciding where to attend. Both schools are great and have their advantages. I also realize Midwestern-IL is not yet accredited nor will it be until I graduated, but I truly don't believe they will have an issue gaining accreditation. However I know this can also be taken as a negative. Any input on these schools would be super helpful! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think it really comes down to where you will be happiest and left with the least amount of debt. If you live near either and are able to commute you will greatly reduce the amount of student loan debt (100k+). Midwestern already has an optometry program in AZ, and has a history for great healthcare programs. They also have state of the art technology. These are the reasons I chose Midwestern, but I did not apply to IU so I cannot speak for their benefits/negatives.