Help with classifying repeated classes for PharmCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nature88

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a search and found similar post topics, but unfortunately the responses didn't really answer the question.

I took MTH 251 and got a B+ when I was an undergrad. I recently retook the same exact class as a postbac to boost my pharmacy prereq GPA. The registrar office at my school said that since the classes were taken at two different standing levels (one being undergrad and the other being postbac) technically I don't classify the second class as a repeat. But they said they didn't know how PharmCAS works.

Do you think I should classify my second MTH 251 as a repeat on PharmCAS?

Members don't see this ad.

To me, it shouldn't matter when you took the class - the point is that its the same class, same topics so its a repeat.
but you could always call up pharmcas to verify with them. they're nice people so don't be afraid to call.

PharmCAS told me they must be on the same transcript from the same institution for them to count as a repeat. Since I took a class from my university and then the "same" class from my university's open enrollment/extension program, they are on separate transcripts and therefore are not repeats :(