Help with DAT studying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Queen Fufu

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! So I started studying a week or so ago, and I took some practice tests in the Kaplan book just to gauge my scores. I did extremely poor in the OC portion, so I dove right into DAT destroyer.

I saw some suggestions on here that said to know the ins and outs of each Destroyer question, so I've been methodically writing notes on every question. I've learned a lot, but I've only done 15 questions and I feel like I'm going too slow. My exam is in July. Am I doing something wrong, should I try another tactic, or am I good?

Members don't see this ad.

You should definitely work at your own pace because that is how you'll learn the best. If you speed it up your pace to a point that's not comfortable for you, you might not learn as much. July is still over two months away, so you still have time, and if not you have time to figure out a different learning strategy. My suggestion would be if you already have overall notes written out from either class, a video subscription, or other DAT review book, to just refer back to those if you miss a question to review that section, and maybe add in extra details if needed. Taking notes on each question will definitely take a long time, and it may be harder to conceptualize the bigger topic that each question is testing.

Reactions: 1 user
You should definitely work at your own pace because that is how you'll learn the best. If you speed it up your pace to a point that's not comfortable for you, you might not learn as much. July is still over two months away, so you still have time, and if not you have time to figure out a different learning strategy. My suggestion would be if you already have overall notes written out from either class, a video subscription, or other DAT review book, to just refer back to those if you miss a question to review that section, and maybe add in extra details if needed. Taking notes on each question will definitely take a long time, and it may be harder to conceptualize the bigger topic that each question is testing.
Great idea! I also plan to get DAT Bootcamp in May, so that's definitely gonna help too. Thank you!