Help with deciding where to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vkristen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a dental re-applicant and I'm trying to narrow down my list of schools to apply to. From last year's application cycle I really learned what I am looking for in a school. If you could just look over these schools and provide any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

What I'm looking for:
1. public health incorporated into curriculum (or joint PH program)
2. community focused
3. clinically heavy (experience starting right away)
4. supportive environment

List of schools I need to narrow down:
Iowa
Midwestern
U Pitt
UMDNJ
Creighton
Detroit
LECOM
Louisville
Nebraska
Southern Illinois
VCU
Tufts
Buffalo NY
MOSDOH
Marquette
U Penn
Case Western

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I am a dental re-applicant and I'm trying to narrow down my list of schools to apply to. From last year's application cycle I really learned what I am looking for in a school. If you could just look over these schools and provide any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

What I'm looking for:
1. public health incorporated into curriculum (or joint PH program)
2. community focused
3. clinically heavy (experience starting right away)
4. supportive environment

List of schools I need to narrow down:
Iowa
Midwestern
U Pitt
UMDNJ
Creighton
Detroit
LECOM
Louisville
Nebraska
Southern Illinois
VCU
Tufts
Buffalo NY
MOSDOH
Marquette
U Penn
Case Western

Thanks for the help!

Did you score any interviews last cycle? Usually you can call and they will tell you exactly what you need to do to get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied late in the cycle last year so when I called the schools the only information they gave me was "you were considered for an interview, just reapply early next year". Once I narrow down my list of schools I'm going to hit the submit button.

I applied late in the cycle last year so when I called the schools the only information they gave me was "you were considered for an interview, just reapply early next year". Once I narrow down my list of schools I'm going to hit the submit button.

Best of luck to you!