Help with dental school application.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gaminara

Reaction score
Is it okay if I apply when the first day of application opens even if I take my DAT exam a month later?

Members don't see this ad.

That’s what you should do if you are taking it later than the application open date, yes.

Submit everything and then that should be verified so the only thing left will be your DAT score. Some schools will accept the preliminary score so make sure to upload that when you get the score back so your app can get looked that.

But otherwise you’ll have to wait until the score gets verified before schools will look at your app. Assuming late July/early August if they take 3-4 weeks. Hopefully it’s 2.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Is it okay if I apply when the first day of application opens even if I take my DAT exam a month later?
Please refer to the attached document from the ADEA, which will address many of your questions. Best of luck to you !

Attachments

• Submitting your ADEA AADSAS application-Words of Advice.pdf
    65.3 KB · Views: 29
Welcome to the forums.

No AADSAS application police will throw you in jail if you do or don't.

You must have the confidence to know you will get a satisfactory DAT. No one is going to stop you from spending money, but it's sad when people have to spend money unnecessarily on retakes.

A few dental schools require a school-run recorded interview like Kira Talent. Without a DAT, you might not get these additional "secondaries" and be a bit off-track when it comes to being considered for interviews.

Could you give us a WAMC profile to let you know if it's worth doing this? :)