Help with difficult decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mattinthehat250

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have a tough decision to make. I applied to DO schools, but am thinking I won't get accepted since my app won't be verified until mid September and I have a 3.44, 29Q. If I don't get in, then I have two options. I've been accepted at Mississippi College, so I could start their program in the Spring. Alternatively, I could apply to an SMP with a linkage. I guess my question is, would a linkage be enough to justify not going to the MC program? Here are the pros and cons of each option.

Mississippi College
Pros:
1. Start in the Spring, so I could have one semester done when I apply for med schools in June.
2. Actual Masters degree.
3. In Mississippi, which I've always wanted to experience.
Cons:
1. No official linkage.

SMP w/ Linkage
Pros:
1. Linkage
Cons:
1.Doesn't start until late summer/fall.
2. May not be actual masters degree.
 
Hello! I know you posted this a few years ago, but I am having to make this exact same decision right now! I hope you get this message, and I am looking forward to hearing from you! Thank you.