HELP with Diversity Essays - Can't Decide on Topic

tanzacat

5+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2012
  1. Pre-Medical
    number 2 sounds great! that stands out the most to me. Just looking at how much you expanded on number 2 in comparison to the others shows me that that's the one you should be writing about.

AllDay24

Veteran Member
    10+ Year Member
    May 26, 2010
    1. Medical Student
      number 2 sounds great! that stands out the most to me. Just looking at how much you expanded on number 2 in comparison to the others shows me that that's the one you should be writing about.

Thanks! Writing that post out actually helped me decide which one. Was really torn but I think it's obvious now.

About the Ads

mimelim

Vascular Surgery
      10+ Year Member
      Sep 19, 2011
      1. Attending Physician
        I think number 2 is the easiest to work with, but it is way too broad. Also the term "leadership skills" doesn't scream diversity. You are definitely right about that lending itself more to a greatest strength essay. A better angle might be to focus on the ability to identify a serious health issue, the initiative to start something, and the drive to produce something that didn't exist before. I'd drop the board member of a pre-med club. List that in your activities section.

It is a weak, 'diversity' topic, the creative problem solver, but can be made into a very good essay, but with what you have listed, I think that is your best option. You can try to spin yourself as being an action > words person. That definitely fits the ideological diversity bill. While many will think it, few actually are that way. If you have a good experience bank to pull from I think you can pull it off.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.