help with essay question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bdyoon

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm trying to finish up my last applications before the November 1st deadline. I had a question as I was writing some essay questions and I hope you can lead me into the right direction. Based on your experience and forecast of the future, what do you think is relevant in "discuss an important issue currently facing the pharmacy profession".

I was thinking some random things like automations,
insurances, HMOs, customer/patients, etc.
You're input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

David

Members don't see this ad.

The problem with these questions is that it's asking YOU what YOU think. ;) It seems like you've come up with a list of things already. If you are unsure, do a google search and find other things to discuss.

how you can maintain a business while providing optimal healthcare. I'm taking a pharmacy management class right now and we go over a lot of case studies on "things that have gone wrong" in the pharmacy because of understaffing, poor communication with patients and btw healthcare providers (ie. doctors and pharmacists or dentists and pharmacist). you might want to think about how big chain stores are affecting independent pharmacies. hope this might give you some ideas

you might want to try talking to pharmacists as well and ask them what their experiences are and how they are dealing with them. best way to get the information is from the source.

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to a pharmacist at work and he told me about the automations in pharmacies. He feels that the machines are great and helps them take some load off of every staffs. He doesn't want the machines eventually replacing pharmacists though. What do you guys think about automations in the pharmacies?

bdyoon said:
I talked to a pharmacist at work and he told me about the automations in pharmacies. He feels that the machines are great and helps them take some load off of every staffs. He doesn't want the machines eventually replacing pharmacists though. What do you guys think about automations in the pharmacies?
please do a search on that topic.... there are threads devoted to it that may help you

bdyoon

Now you are making me mad :).

you really need to do your research. Think about it yourself. How do you think automations will affect your job in the future? Are pharmacists going to be replaced? What is your role if there are automations doing the work? where is the patient contact? try not to do things last minute please.