Help With Essay!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blahblah56

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, im applying to schools via ptcas for the second time (didnt get accspted last year) and realized that my essay might have had something to do with that. I honestly believe that I am the worlds worst essay writer. I have the hardest time coming up with stuff to write and putting it on paper. I can do the "Hello, my name is _____, and I want to become a pt because" essay but I know that that will never get me into pt school. Can anyone help me come up with interesting topics to write about that has helped you get into pt school or at least help me start off my paper? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you know you aren't good at writing essays, you should get your essay revised/checked by your school's writing center or some friends and adults. Get as much feedback as you can. For my essay, I wrote about how observing PTs, working while in school, and volunteering at an adult care center all gave me skills that will be necessary as a PT (time management, communication, passion to help others, interest in body movement and function, etc). I talked about how my interest in PT grew by taking relevant classes and volunteering with PT's. It's also important to list reasons why you want to go to a particular school, whether it be their research opportunities, curriculum with lots of clinical time, etc. It's really up to you to shape your essay and make it your own. Good luck!