Help with finding a mentor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedHomoSapien

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I’m an OMS3 student who took a leave of absence. I didn’t do well with rotations. I got to the IM rotation and it felt like nothing made sense. Note taking was a disaster. I need help finding a mentor who will walk me through clinical reasoning skills. Are there any doctors who can educate me here? Is there a website where I can find them? It’s just tutoring honestly.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

When i was a med student back in the day i used onlinemeded for clinicals and thought it drastically improved my clinical knowledge. Was it just the IM rotation or others? Was there other issues like professionalism/punctuality or purely just understanding what to do?

The key to doing well on rotations is adaptability. Each rotation is different and requires you to think about what the objective is in relation to what the attending wants out of you/how you maximize your time there and show dedication.

When you take patients, the first step is understanding why the patient is in the hospital or at the clinic. What happened? Then understanding what it is youre actually treating, the expected treatment course, how they're responding to the treatment each day/visit and how you would need to alter that treatment (or keep the same) to improve the treatment course

Reactions: 1 user
When i was a med student back in the day i used onlinemeded for clinicals and thought it drastically improved my clinical knowledge. Was it just the IM rotation or others? Was there other issues like professionalism/punctuality or purely just understanding what to do?

The key to doing well on rotations is adaptability. Each rotation is different and requires you to think about what the objective is in relation to what the attending wants out of you/how you maximize your time there and show dedication.

When you take patients, the first step is understanding why the patient is in the hospital or at the clinic. What happened? Then understanding what it is youre actually treating, the expected treatment course, how they're responding to the treatment each day/visit and how you would need to alter that treatment (or keep the same) to improve the treatment course
Is it possible to message to privately? Can you try messaging me privately?