1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Help with HMO, etc

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Papi, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Papi

Papi Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi everyone,

Can anyone suggest a good site to read up on HMO's and other healthcare related stuff (so we can prepare for interviews) thanks a bunch.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ccryder

ccryder Member
    7+ Year Member

Check out the AMSA website. They have a really good report (several pages long) outlining all of the different aspects of managed care. I think it's called Managed Care 101.

4. Check the Kaiser website for "their" side of the
    story.

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Do a search of this site for HMO's, interview prep, interview tips, etc. and you'll find a ton of stuff. We've kind of been over this a lot.

I do have a recommendation for a book that's not been mentioned yet that purports to get at the root of the problems with the U.S. health care system. It's The Grand Disguise: Fifty years of faulty thinking nearly ruined American medicine, but a remedy is possible. A practicing Doctor's Analysis of Healthcare. Whew!! Longest title I've ever come across. The author is William C. Waters III, MD, an internist/nephrologist and clinical professor at Emory. Milton Friedman, the Nobel Laureate in Economics says of it

6. bebe2

bebe2 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Someone posted this before but I will again

publicagenda.org

Excellent site, click on healthcare. It presents all sides of the "rising health care costs" issue. Then gives a sort of pros and cons analysis.