help with how to improve reading section!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ineed2getin123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
reading has always been a weak of mine! whats the best resource that is similar to the actual DAT that will help me with the reading section? is topscore good? or should i stick with bootcamp?

Members don't see this ad.

No amount of test taking is truly going to help you with the reading. No one knows exactly what type of passage you will get or exactly what strategy will work, there are many many versions of the DAT. Some are simple search and destroyer and others you must read the whole passage and comprehend.

The goal is to increase reading speed and comprehension levels and this can be easily accomplished by old fashion reading. If you dedicate just 30 minutes a day to reading while preparing for the DAT that's a lot of reading accomplished over the course of your preparation. Make it a habit to read just before bed, not on a computer or phone but an actual book or magazine, it will also help fall asleep. Old school still works for certain things. From experience trying to predict a score for reading using a timed test is more or less a crap shoot, too many variables are possible..

Good luck

Nancy, co/owner, DAT Destroyer

Reactions: 1 users