Help with Kaplan books please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keeping-it-real

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So a buddy of mine gave me three Kaplan books for free. They say "Step 1 review: General principles" and Step 1 review: Organ systems"... and there is a book called Q-book. The date on them says kaplan 2002.

Are these books any good? I'll be taking the test in 2006, so is there going to be a difference in material from the 4 years? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

also, i was just looking on ebay and it seems that the newer editions come in 4 books instead of 2. is this because they have added more material?

I looked into getting these book a little while back but opted to get the 7 volume lectures series by kaplan instead. First of all, from what I have gathered, the 2 vol set from 2002 is almost identical to the 4 volume set. Both sets are excellent sources of review. They are however VERY comprehensive, almost too much so. If you have the books already, I say use them, it should be fine. Throw in first aid and some practice questions, and that's probably all you'll need. Good luck