Help with Kaplan books please

Discussion in 'Step I' started by keeping-it-real, Dec 14, 2005.

1. keeping-it-real

keeping-it-real Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

So a buddy of mine gave me three Kaplan books for free. They say "Step 1 review: General principles" and Step 1 review: Organ systems"... and there is a book called Q-book. The date on them says kaplan 2002.

Are these books any good? I'll be taking the test in 2006, so is there going to be a difference in material from the 4 years? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

2. OP
    OP
    keeping-it-real

10+ Year Member

also, i was just looking on ebay and it seems that the newer editions come in 4 books instead of 2. is this because they have added more material?

3. OP
    OP
    keeping-it-real

10+ Year Member

just giving a bump to see if anyone has anything to say

4. vtrain

vtrain Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I looked into getting these book a little while back but opted to get the 7 volume lectures series by kaplan instead. First of all, from what I have gathered, the 2 vol set from 2002 is almost identical to the 4 volume set. Both sets are excellent sources of review. They are however VERY comprehensive, almost too much so. If you have the books already, I say use them, it should be fine. Throw in first aid and some practice questions, and that's probably all you'll need. Good luck

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...