Help with list! Unique situation...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

walderness

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm in a unique situation, but I'll start with stats:

MCAT: 36Q (PS: 13, BS: 12, VR: 11)

Berkeley GPA: Cu: 3.77, Sci: 3.69

-150 hours shadowing physiatrists
-100 teaching patients in medical classes
-tons of hours as a patient
-tons of mentoring program experience for underpriveleged youth (2 diff programs)
-quad rugby
-2 years as healthcare consultant, worked directly with hospital CFOs--strong interest in healthare policy
-just began in may 08, clinical research and ghostwriting on multiple sclerosis

I'm also disabled and NEED to be in good climate and flat areas. Wheelchairs + hills + rain = my worst nightmare. My dream places to live, other than AZ (which is prob optimal), all have crazy competitive schools, ie CA and the west in general.

Any ideas on schools that may meet my criteria? My list is as follows, but I want it bigger! I need more safeties but bummed about their weather.

I'm also scared of Pennsylvania. Dont know why. Could a wheelchair make it there? hows the weather?

Albert Einstein College of Medicine
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Emory University School of Medicine
George Washington University Sch of Med & Hlth Sci
Keck Sch. of Med.University of Southern California
Stanford University School of Medicine
The University of Arizona College of Medicine
Tulane University School of Medicine
University of California San Francisco

I know...SF is a terrible idea but it was my home for awhile and I love it. Need more safety schools bad! but i know az is a shoe-in...

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I think you have great stats/ECs so you're in a good position to be choosing schools. I think that if you're going to be applying to GW, you should also apply to Georgetown and maybe even John Hopkins since they're in the same area. The University of Maryland is in that general area too, I'm just not sure how many non-residents they accept. I see you're also applying to Albert Einstein, but what about other NY schools (NYU, Mount Sinai, New York Medical College)?

I guess my advice would be to add schools that are in the general area of schools that are already on your list.

Best of luck! :luck: