Help With List?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vigamusa

Reaction score
cGPA 3.667 / sGPA 3.584 (an upward trend the whole time; one C+ in calculus freshman year tanked GPA. Without calculus, I'd be 3.75 cumulative and 3.66 science)

No MCAT score yet. I know it is very dependant but assume I get 510-515 range.

Activities: 200 hours clinical psychology research; 650 hours clinical spine research, two poster presentations; 250 hours college student council (leadership); 40 hours of AED (volunteer); 40 hours as a research ambassador, involving people in research; 300 hours oncology scribe; 60 hours pain management scribe; 30 hours shadowing; 1500 hours undergraduate chemistry research, 1 poster presentation and developing a thesis; 1000 hours volunteer tutoring; 250 hours volunteer physical therapy assistant; 2100 hours orthotic and prosthetic assistant (clinical); 150 hours volunteering in hospital

TOTAL HOURS:
2400 hours of research; 300 hours of leadership; 1500 hours of volunteer; 2500 hours of clinical (excluding clinical research and medical volunteer)

Louisiana resident from Chicago applying to:
LSU NOLA (IS), LSU Shreveport (IS), Tulane (IS), Baylor (Neighboring OS), UW-Madison (Close to Chicago), MCW (Close to Chicago), University of Tennessee (Accepted to competitive St. Jude program), University of Miami, University of Colorado, University of Vermont, Virginia Commonwealth University, and Sidney Kimmel.

Be honest! Advice appreciated! I have four strong letters of recommendation and a really good PS. Worked hard on activities section and have already prewritten secondaries for each application, individualized for each university, not copying and pasting.

Also, I am a first-generation Lebanese American, trilingual, and my dad passed from cancer recently

Members don't see this ad.

There is really no way to be certain about any of this without an MCAT. When will you be taking it/have your score back?

Wisconsin is largely in-state and will be very difficult for you since you don't have any ties to the state that I can see (living in Chicago is not enough, imo). The rest of your list looks fairly solid--if you're in/from Chicago, I would also recommend applying to Rosalind Franklin and Loyola unless you definitely don't want to live there.

Your GPAs are fine and you shouldn't worry about hypotheticals like if you hadn't gotten that grade in calculus--what's done is done, just move on!

Are you applying straight through from undergrad?

There is really no way to be certain about any of this without an MCAT. When will you be taking it/have your score back?

Wisconsin is largely in-state and will be very difficult for you since you don't have any ties to the state that I can see (living in Chicago is not enough, imo). The rest of your list looks fairly solid--if you're in/from Chicago, I would also recommend applying to Rosalind Franklin and Loyola unless you definitely don't want to live there.

Your GPAs are fine and you shouldn't worry about hypotheticals like if you hadn't gotten that grade in calculus--what's done is done, just move on!

Are you applying straight through from undergrad?
Taking MCAT August 1st and will have score August 18th. Wisconsin is just an hour away from where I lived in Illinois so I'm hoping that's better than nothing. I also have strong prewritten secondaries for both schools.

I am applying straight out of undergrad but I have a few semesters off because I graduate in December during which I will be working at St. Jude