Help with MCAT Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

californiadreaming93

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on taking the MCAT in Spring 2018. I will be working and in the mean time, devote a substantial amount of time to studying.

I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed with the amount of resources available. Can someone share a successful MCAT study plan with me?

Members don't see this ad.

The mcatjelly study schedule is a popular one. It includes various resources as each company (TPR, EK, Kaplan) have better course subject books than others. And it is broken down into 3 months, 8 hours a day. But you could easily break that up into 4 months or even more if that's what you need to take the exam while working. Treat it like a marathon. Don't be overwhelmed by the length of preparation, after all it's your career. I am currently following it and working. Whatever schedule you find, break it up for what works for you. If you have to study 6 months, just make sure you study effectively and do lots of practice to keep those topics fresh before your exam date.

I plan on taking the MCAT in Spring 2018. I will be working and in the mean time, devote a substantial amount of time to studying.

I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed with the amount of resources available. Can someone share a successful MCAT study plan with me?

I was overwhelmed at the possibility of resources too, and for a while made the mistake of trying to absorb them all. There simply isnt time for this; I highly recommend having one third party book source (I used TPR) which you augment in areas you're struggling in with Khan academy free videos.

In addition, buy the AAMC study materials. They are by far the most indicative of the real test and are imperative for understanding the games the MCAT tries to play with people on test day.

What materials did you end up using?