Help with Med-Art Project

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

travelintoes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am in a post-bac premed program in St. Louis. My institution has a post-bac/grad student art show/competition. I am looking to create a project that captures the essence/soul of the post-bac premed student. I am essentially looking for adjectives, nouns, or descriptive terms that covers what it takes, emotions felt, etc. through the nerve-wracking premed road. These terms can be positive or negative.

Examples:

Positive = caring, the better good, driven, determination, etc.

Negative/Worries = Risk, debt, MCAT, time, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Adjectives: Tenacious, Persevering
Character: Ronin (materless samurai that seek to be retained)
Negative: alone, does not belong
Positive: deep, self-control & -mastery
Animal: tiger
Philosopher: Nietzche, Epicurus, Seneca
Historical: Gengis Khan (former slave to king), Patton (learning disabilities)

positive: humble, reflection of program's values, motivated, hard working, development of a relationship with a mentor
negative: financially struggling, not sure later on if one can complete the program, lose focus

Members don't see this ad :)
Some imporant aspects to include in this essence of the postbac premed experience:

A. A series of never ending hoops that the student must jump through.

B. Some sort of giant burning pit of money.

C. The loss of humanity...mayhaps as the student is jumping through the hoops he/she is also slowly transforming into a stack of textbooks!...while a trail of burning money is left behind...and maybe a pierced heart or two to really nail that loss of humanity...and the hoops should be on fire just for added value.

Those were all great, thanks for the help. It was a photo-entry, but the flaming hoops and what not seem cool for a painting idea.

Thanks again.