1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Help with my Personal Statement please!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by rahsar, Aug 18, 2015.

1. rahsar

Pre-Veterinary
    Hello!
    I am an UMass Amherst student currently applying to Vet School!
    My top 3 choices for schools currently are Coloardo, Tufts, and Missouri.
    I've had some people help edit my statement but I need it to be golden upon submission and would really like help from those who have gone through this process!
    The attached is my Personal Statement, please let me know what I can do to make it as strong as possible.
    I think my main problem is getting my thoughts across and my organization. It is also WAYYY too long.
    My main focus as a veterinarian is to go into exotics, wildlife, and laboratory type of work.

Thank you!!

#1 rahsar, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dyachei

dyachei vet robot pirate zombie
    Administrator Veterinarian 10+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    you might want to remove that and check the PS readers thread. You wouldn't want someone to plagiarize (and yes, it is a risk).

4. Lilly63

Pre-Veterinary
    Did you copy and paste the personal statement in VMCAS? The reason why I'm asking because it has a character limit, not a word limit. I think your personal statement is too long for the character limit. Double check ;).

5. rahsar

Pre-Veterinary
    I have not pasted it into the VMCAS. But yes, it is wayy too long at the moment