Help with my school list please! (517 MCAT, 3.94 GPA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed2902

Reaction score
Hello! I'm looking for some advice into what schools I should apply for in this cycle (2020-2021). I'm an Asian female living in Ohio studying Bio at a public university.

cGPA: 3.94, sGPA: 3.91
MCAT: 517 (131/130/129/127)
Research: I have worked in the same lab since freshman year for a total of more than 1400 hours. I have received one summer scholarship for research and a one-year research fellowship. No publications, but I will most likely be presenting a poster for the fellowship.
Shadowing: I've logged 40 hours so far and I plan to add 30 more hours in my senior year if I can.
Clinical experience: I have volunteered at a nursing home for 100 hours for about 2 years, and a hospital for 40 hours before my freshman year. I've also volunteered at a local free clinic for 15 hours
Non-clinical Volunteering: I have 120 hours in a hospital (folding blankets, stocking shelves, guiding visitors) and 30 hours for a local food bank.
Other Activities/Leadership: I worked as a Gen Chem TA for over 560 hours for about a year.

I know my volunteering and shadowing are a bit weak, so I'm hoping to get a list that can suit students like me. I was planning on getting more hours this past semester and summer in the nursing home and foodbank but the current pandemic has made that difficult.
I currently have these schools on my list but would appreciate some commentary on whether they are a good fit.
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Wright State-Boonshoft
Case Western Reserve
Neomed
Mount Sinai-Icahn
Jefferson-Kimmel
University of Michigan
Einstein
Medical College of Wisconsin
Miami-Miller
Wright State-Boonshoft
University of Toledo
University of Maryland
University of Virginia
Western Michigan-Stryker

Members don't see this ad.

You could add any of these schools:
Pittsburgh
Rochester
Boston University
Tufts
Vermont
Hofstra
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
George Washington
Oakland Beaumont
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD

Do you think that my P/S will be screened out? It's below the mid 80 percentile for several schools on the list and I wanted to know if that would hurt my chances.