Help with personal statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taken2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I am new to this site though I have been locking around for quite a while now. My problem is this. I need to start writing my personal statement but I have no idea how to start. I am not very good with writing as the only C in my transcript is in Comp I. Though I managed to pull a B in Com II.
Can any of you send me a format of their personal statement. I have a lot to write but I just don't know how to state. I will appreciate any help

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, writing the personal statement was really hard for me too. I don't think there is any "REAL" format in writing a statment. You just have to dig deep and reflect on your experiences that lead you to pick pharmacy. It's a personal statement, so you can go anyway you want, but be sure to keep it focused and interesting.
My format went like this:
1. Intro - personal exp. leading me to pharm
2. Body paragraphs - Reasons why pharmacy and exp. to back it up
3. Goals
4. Conclusion

Just make sure whatever you write is coherent and to the point. And I don't think that getting a C in one of your English classes should make you think that your PS will suck. If you have a lot of passion for the profession, I'm sure you will be able to crank out a good statement. English classes are different, profs have a rubric to follow and you need to make sure you're always backing up whatever you say and quoting everything in the freakin' book that applies. Well, good luck. Don't let that C get you down!