help with picking journal article

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PM&Radam

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to pick 2 articles for our group of residents for upcoming journal club. I have been looking through the large list of articles listed here under "journal club" but am having a tough time picking two out. Just wondering if any other residents out there can suggest one or two they recently had at their journal clubs which were good articles and written in the last few years. THANKS.

Members don't see this ad.

PM&Radam said:
I need to pick 2 articles for our group of residents for upcoming journal club. I have been looking through the large list of articles listed here under "journal club" but am having a tough time picking two out. Just wondering if any other residents out there can suggest one or two they recently had at their journal clubs which were good articles and written in the last few years. THANKS.

this is just published (if you need a pdf, email me):

Ragnarsson, Kristjan T. MD; Wuermser, Lisa-Ann MD; Cardenas, Diana D. MD, MHA; Marino, Ralph J. MD, MSCE Spinal Cord Injury Clinical Trials for Neurologic Restoration: Improving Care Through Clinical Research. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. 84(11) supplement:S77-S97, November 2005.

These are nice reviews of stroke:

Stroke and neurodegenerative disorders. 1. acute stroke evaluation, management, risks, prevention, and prognosis
O’Neill BJ, Geis CC, Bogey RA, Moroz A, Bryant PR
Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - March 2004 (Vol. 85, Issue (Supplement 1), Pages 3-10)

Stroke and neurodegenerative disorders. 2. stroke: comorbidities and complications
Moroz A, Bogey RA, Bryant PR, Geis CC, O’Neill BJ
Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - March 2004 (Vol. 85, Issue (Supplement 1), Pages 11-14)

Stroke and neurodegenerative disorders. 3. stroke: rehabilitation management
Bogey RA, Geis CC, Bryant PR, Moroz A, O’Neill BJArchives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - March 2004 (Vol. 85, Issue (Supplement 1), Pages 15-20)

Just do what I did: browse through Archives online :laugh:

Have a frozen shoulder article if you're interested

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a particular sub-specialty of PM&R that you are focusing on with regards to articles?

One article that was both good research and good for discussion in terms of the ideas it brought out in our journal club was

Chae J et al. Intramuscular Electrical Stimulation for Hemiplegic Shoulder Pain: A 12 month follow up of a multiple center, randomized clinical trial. Am. J. Phys. Med Rehabil. Vol 84, No. 11 pages 832-842.

It's from November 2005.