Help with Pre-Req classes and PCAT and Applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

legitlax101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, Im currently a third year student at University and I was just trying to finish my pre reqs first but then lost track and then tried to just get a bio degree, but my advisor told me if I wanted to get a biology degree I wouldn't be able to graduate until fall 2016, whereas I have about 3 classes left to fulfill majority of the pharmacy school pre reqs. I'm scheduled to take the Pcat in july

so I was wondering should I just focus on finishing the pre req courses next semester rather than taking classes geared towards a bio degree? Cause a lot of the classes I need for bio I don't need for most pharmacy schools
Currently for pre reqs

General Chemistry 1 & 2= B's
Orgo 1= B
Orgo 1 Lab= A
Bio 1= A-
Bio 2=B
Stat= B+
Calc 1= C+
Orgo 2= Taking right now ( should get a B+ or A in both lab and lecture)
Biochem and Physics - taking in the fall
Econ- taking in the summer

cumulative gpa= 3.29 due to a C I got in trig( not included in pre-reqs) and the C+ in calc

I guess I need to do really well on the PCAT I'm taking the Kaplan course so I hope that helps.

Also If I finish the pre reqs in the Fall 2015 and take the PCAT in July should I apply to be admitted into the class of fall 2016 or fall 2017?

Need suggestions/ advice/
THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

Apply for fall 2016.
GPA is okay, just have good extracurricular activities. You might need to explain why you got a C in trig. Also the college you went to matters, they would view a C from, say, University of Texas different than a C from your local community college.