Help with Pre-Req classes and PCAT and Applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

legitlax101

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all, Im currently a third year student at University and I was just trying to finish my pre reqs first but then lost track and then tried to just get a bio degree, but my advisor told me if I wanted to get a biology degree I wouldn't be able to graduate until fall 2016, whereas I have about 3 classes left to fulfill majority of the pharmacy school pre reqs. I'm scheduled to take the Pcat in july

so I was wondering should I just focus on finishing the pre req courses next semester rather than taking classes geared towards a bio degree? Cause a lot of the classes I need for bio I don't need for most pharmacy schools
Currently for pre reqs

General Chemistry 1 & 2= B's
Orgo 1= B
Orgo 1 Lab= A
Bio 1= A-
Bio 2=B
Stat= B+
Calc 1= C+
Orgo 2= Taking right now ( should get a B+ or A in both lab and lecture)
Biochem and Physics - taking in the fall
Econ- taking in the summer

cumulative gpa= 3.29 due to a C I got in trig( not included in pre-reqs) and the C+ in calc

I guess I need to do really well on the PCAT I'm taking the Kaplan course so I hope that helps.

Also If I finish the pre reqs in the Fall 2015 and take the PCAT in July should I apply to be admitted into the class of fall 2016 or fall 2017?

Need suggestions/ advice/
THANKS
 
Apply for fall 2016.
GPA is okay, just have good extracurricular activities. You might need to explain why you got a C in trig. Also the college you went to matters, they would view a C from, say, University of Texas different than a C from your local community college.