Help with Reading Comprehension

Started by yr1ntrly
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yr1ntrly

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone,
I cannot seem to improve my reading comprehension score to at least 50. I got 11 on first PCAT and 30 on my second. Even though I have done a lot of practicing, I still cannot manage my time. Are there any tips on approaching this section of the test? I am planning to take the October PCAT. PLEASE HELP!
Thanks in advance!
 
well, 1)improve your reading speed
2)try to summarize the whole passage and get the main idea
3)get the main idea of each passage topic sentence
4)write short notes on the side such as numbers,stat, difficult words
5)at the end, it all comes down to answering the questions so read
the questions and try to answer it without looking at the choices
and don't read the answer choices many times because it will
confuse you... eliminating the answers would also help😀