Help with school list: 3.54 avg GPA, 518 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bedcat2019

The Pentagon has never been audited | Ball is Life
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello ladies and gentlemen, redacted due to privacy and anonymity. Best!
 
Last edited:
I’m a little late, but I’ll chime in! I think the list looks solid. I applied with very similar stats and had a good cycle, feel free to shoot me a message. I read through your other thread on WAMC and agree with a couple points over there.

1. Emphasize service to underserved communities. URM isn’t just a box to check, it involved deliberate contributions to communities you belong to. Emphasize that when you are describing the psychiatric work that you do; consider listing it as one of your significant experiences.

2. I would sub UPenn for Penn State. They’re more friendly towards OOS than Penn State, and you have a solid app – shoot for the stars.

3. Definitely include things like being a musician and being in a band in your AMCAS. I spent a good amount of time in interviews talking about things unrelated to medicine – stand out!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello ladies and gentlemen, redacted due to privacy and anonymity. Best!
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately I'm not fluent, but I can grasp basic conversation. I know this isn't what you're talking about but the spanish I do know has helped me when I'm trying to relate at least a little bit to my current clinical patients
Get to work!
 
Last edited by a moderator: