Help With School List: 3.96 GPA, 519 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrysostom1896

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have minimal clinical experience, and that's the only thing that stands out that worries me. Increase hospice hours at least.

You otherwise have a great application, but it really speaks health policy and global health. Are you going to get any US healthcare experience working directly with patients in a provider role, as opposed to a research or administrative role?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You have minimal clinical experience, and that's the only thing that stands out that worries me. Increase hospice hours at least.

You otherwise have a great application, but it really speaks health policy and global health. Are you going to get any US healthcare experience working directly with patients in a provider role, as opposed to a research or administrative role?
Yeah me too, that's probably my main concern. Is it ok if most of my clinical experience hours come from hospice or do I need to have different kinds of experiences?

Also would love to have suggestions regarding additional schools I should apply to @Goro, @Faha. Thanks!

Yeah me too, that's probably my main concern. Is it ok if most of my clinical experience hours come from hospice or do I need to have different kinds of experiences?

Also would love to have suggestions regarding additional schools I should apply to @Goro, @Faha.
I don't know what other specialities you were exposed to in your other 200 hours of internship.

You should receive several interviews from your list. You could add any of these schools:
Miami
Washington University (in St. Louis-almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Case Western
Cincinnati
Mount Sinai
Hofstra
Einstein
Pittsburgh
Brown

Reactions: 1 users
  1. University of Pennsylvania
  2. NYU
  3. Johns Hopkins
  4. Yale
    1. Harvard
    2. Stanford
    3. Cornell
    4. UCSF
    5. Duke
    6. University of Chicago
    7. UCLA
    8. University of Virginia
    9. University of Maryland
    10. Emory
    11. University of Michigan
      1. Georgetown and George Washington
      2. Thomas Jefferson (no tie to PA so unsure)
    12. Howard
    13. Meharry
    14. Morehouse
    15. Einstein
Baylor
Stanford
BU
Rochester
USF/Morsani
Vandy
U OH
U WV