MD & DO Help with School List please, WAMC 3.54/513

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xsseo00

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your best shot is with your in-state schools which you have on your list. It looks like you are pinning yourself down to mostly East Coast schools; you could expand your geography a bit more, but something tells me you have a reason to stay in that zone.

That said, I'm shocked that your non-clinical volunteer/community service is just tutoring and nothing more involved with vulnerable populations given that you are in DC and at Georgetown. Feedback from your prehealth advisor?

Reactions: 1 user
You could add these MD schools:
Drexel
Jefferson
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Your best shot is with your in-state schools which you have on your list. It looks like you are pinning yourself down to mostly East Coast schools; you could expand your geography a bit more, but something tells me you have a reason to stay in that zone.

That said, I'm shocked that your non-clinical volunteer/community service is just tutoring and nothing more involved with vulnerable populations given that you are in DC and at Georgetown. Feedback from your prehealth advisor?

Thank you for the feedback! I'm also concerned about my lack of non-clinical community service experience, I had focused on getting more clinical experience instead. My prehealth advisor did not mention it being a significant weakness, but I will certainly try to volunteer more during my gap year.

I am focusing on East Coast schools right now because those are the schools I'm most familiar with, but I would appreciate any suggestions for schools in the Midwest or West coast, I don't have any strong preference for region since I've moved around a lot.

You could add these MD schools:
Drexel
Jefferson
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont

Thank you for your input!

@Goro was wondering if you had any school suggestions, either MD or DO? Thank you.

@Goro was wondering if you had any school suggestions, either MD or DO? Thank you.
I recommend the following.
Rochester (maybe)
NYU-LI (maybe)
Pitt (maybe)
Hofstra
Dartmouth
Emory
U VM
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Rosy Franklin
Wayne State
MCW
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Va Tech IF you're from rural western VA
U WV
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Tufts
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Georgetown
Tulane
Loyola
Netter
Oakland-B
Western MI
Seton Hall
Nova MD
TCU/UNT
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any DO program. I can't recommend Nova, Wm Carey, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. UIW refuses to post their Boards scores, which is fishy.

Reactions: 1 users
I recommend the following.
Rochester (maybe)
NYU-LI (maybe)
Pitt (maybe)
Hofstra
Dartmouth
Emory
U VM
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Rosy Franklin
Wayne State
MCW
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Va Tech IF you're from rural western VA
U WV
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Tufts
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Georgetown
Tulane
Loyola
Netter
Oakland-B
Western MI
Seton Hall
Nova MD
TCU/UNT
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any DO program. I can't recommend Nova, Wm Carey, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. UIW refuses to post their Boards scores, which is fishy.

Thank you so much! I appreciate the input!!