Help With School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LanaP93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a senior molecular biology major and anthropology minor. I'm applying for 2017 entry. I have a 3.72 cumulative GPA right now, but I expect it will be a 3.76 by the time I graduate in May. My science GPA is a bit lower due to a C in my semester of organic chemistry. I got a B second semester, but I was damn proud of that. I've gotten As in every bio class to make up for it.
GPA: 3.72/3.76 as above
MCAT:514
-bio: 130
-cars: 130
-phys: 127
-psych: 127
Service:
-2 years tutoring and mentoring refugee children and families
-10 day medical/dental service trip to Panama
- Health Outreach Volunteer-I help register people (especially at risk youth) for sexual health screenings. I just started but I'll do this while I'm applying
-Summer volunteering at Northwestern Hospital-helping patients to appointments and doing administrative work
Work
-I work two jobs while in school, and I will probably work as an ACT/SAT tutor during my year off too.
Shadowing
- My best friend's father is a general surgeon, so I'm setting up a day to shadow him.
-Family friends are radiologist and GP who teach at Northwestern. Also setting up plans to shadow.
I have always lived in a city, and I'm not sure I would enjoy living anywhere else so I've mainly only thought about schools in cities. I'm also more focused on primary care and the patient interaction aspect of medicine. I'm an Illinois resident by the way.
My list so far:
UIC
Rush
Loyola
Northwestern (Reach)
NYU (Reach)
Weill (Reach)
Albert Einstein
New York Medical College
Case Western
George Washington
Please suggest more or strike some off of list. I know nothing about west coast schools, but I'm open to suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

It is OK to have reaches but you need a few more schools that are realistic. Consider adding schools such as Rosalind Franklin, Medical College of Wisconsin, St. Louis, Creighton, Georgetown, Tulane, Hofstra.

Reactions: 1 user
It is OK to have reaches but you need a few more schools that are realistic. Consider adding schools such as Rosalind Franklin, Medical College of Wisconsin, St. Louis, Creighton, Georgetown, Tulane, Hofstra.
Thanks! I was actually looking at a few of those schools last night. My top choice is probably UIC, but I want to have a solid list that covers all the bases.