Help with school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuantumHerbs

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For reapplicants, I think a major factor/question is how and what you improved since your last application. You look good on paper to me.

For reapplicants, I think a major factor/question is how and what you improved since your last application. You look good on paper to me.

I had fewer clinical hours (50 hours clinical volunteering, 16 hours shadowing), no publications/posters for research, and objectively weak essays last cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
I see, in that case you will do well if you take extra care to improve your essays and have many people read them.
You have better stats than I did this past cycle but I spent a lot of time on my essays and applied more broadly

I would consider more schools outside of the top 25 to make sure you aren’t scrambling to add more schools in September and August if luck doesn’t fall your way.

How about UCLA? And I second applying to "lower ranked" schools. Applying broadly is key.

I'd encourage you to consider Mayo Clinic, very productive medical imaging research and strong MSTP. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

How about UCLA? And I second applying to "lower ranked" schools. Applying broadly is key.
I'd encourage you to consider Mayo Clinic, very productive medical imaging research and strong MSTP. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

I will consider those schools!

Thank you all for the great advice! I have added more mid/low-tier MSTP programs to my list.

Reactions: 1 user