Help with secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drbench

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am new here. I just filled out and submitted my secondary to NSU DO. After submission, I came to realize that I didn't really answer the questions in essay format, or even considered them to be essay prompts. To be more specific, I replied to one of the questions (how did you first learn about osteopathic medicine?) In 2 sentences. Is like to re do it and elaborate more on that topic as well as the other 2 "prompts." Could I withdrawal and resubmit another? Will this look bad? Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am new here. I just filled out and submitted my secondary to NSU DO. After submission, I came to realize that I didn't really answer the questions in essay format, or even considered them to be essay prompts. To be more specific, I replied to one of the questions (how did you first learn about osteopathic medicine?) In 2 sentences. Is like to re do it and elaborate more on that topic as well as the other 2 "prompts." Could I withdrawal and resubmit another? Will this look bad? Thanks in advance
Once you withdraw an application, that is it for the cycle; there is no re-submit.

Alright, any recommendations?
Honestly, I cannot give you a whole lot of recommendations but I did want to tell the above information before you did something completely catastrophic. I guess the question becomes: did the "prompt" ask you to write an essay? If it did not, then you probably answered the questions in the least amount of words which is never a terrible thing unless it was like "I watched the DO. It was enlightening." If that was the case, then you may be in trouble, and its possible you will have to just cut your losses at that particular school. Again, I am just spit-balling here because I am not 100% sure.