Help with SMP list, please?

Started by xvndr
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xvndr

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all!

First, I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong place - I'm fairly new to SDN. I will be applying to SMPs in the next week or so as soon as I finish some secondary questions.

I was hoping some people could chime in on my SMP list with my current stats (yes, I know they're bad).

cGPA: 2.73
MCAT: 498 (retaking in July)
Volunteer: ~120 hours
Shadowing: ~45 hours
ECs:
  • LGBTQ Alliance Vice-President (2 years)
  • LGBTQ Alliance Treasurer (1 year)
  • Resident Assistant (2 years)
  • SGA Senator (1 year)
Mexican-American, first-generation college graduate, gay, from a rural area. Not applying URM. Huge passion for helping underserved/vulnerable populations (one of the biggest factors in my pursuit of medicine).

GPA was affected by family issues when I came out in early undergrad. I have also been working full-time since ~1.5 years before graduation, which really hurt my GPA as well. This is the main reason I am applying.

List:
  • Midwestern-IL MABS
  • Midwestern-AZ MABS
  • EVMS Medical Masters 1 year (and possibly 2 year)
  • PCOM-PA MSBS
  • PCOM-GA MSBS
  • Campbell MSBS
  • Nova MSBS
  • LECOM MS Medical Sciences (maybe)
Any help would be appreciated, and any recommended programs would be super helpful. Again sorry if this is post is in the wrong place. Thanks a lot!
 
Last edited: